Saturday, December 31, 2005

Winter For Poland.


This is how it is done.
Go to work as normal.
Arrive at the loading point at the time specified.
The loaders are riotous;"You told us the wrong time, we've been waiting an hour!"
Scream and shout, hurl the cargo, slam the doors, threaten complaints to the boss.
This leaves me unmoved.
Then the lady approaches, the 'quiet voice of reason'.
"What time will you be here tomorrow?"
"Ring me tomorrow at eight."

More screaming blue murder from the 'aggreaved' one.
I depart.

Today?
They don't ring at 8;they ring at 9.
(You wasted one of our hours we will waste one of yours.)
But I have merely been working, not listening for my phone.
I arrive at the transfer point at 1001, 1 minute late.
The ring leader is back to 'normal'.
Then the lady arrives, with 3 times as much scrap cargo for me to take back as usual.
(You will do as we say, or equivalent, even if you don't know it!)

Pretty concerted for a random spat.
Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah.They really got me figured.
But let's face it-Dangerous Liaisons was fiction set in the 18th Century, right?
Or was that just a little back-projection to convince anybody with a few,remaining, hidden illusions of honour that it was ever thus?
Give up your sentiment, 'get real'.

How do we reply?
"Fuck off, you two-faced pile of decomposition!"

No comments: