Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Just Sitting and Watching.


There was not a lot going on in Leeds this afternoon. The banks were shut. Carpe Diem was shut.
So, I walked over to the Victoria Hotel and had a pint of Monkswood Slaughter, which, at 6%, was reasonably strong.
There wasn't much going on there, so I walked down the street to the Portland; not much going on there either, but you can sit in the big, picture windows and watch the world go by.
So I did, with three pints of Greene King Abbott ale.
After the first, as I was staring at the Leeds General Infirmary on the other side of Great George Street, I noticed a hatch open on the roof.
An open hatch?
Damp is the first problem. But later on they'll get pigeons, and pigeons drop tons of crap which attracts insects and othe poisonous pests.
So I wandered over and told them.
Should be sorted just as soon as they can get someone up there.

No comments: