Friday, December 23, 2005

British Culture

Happy Christmas from the people you just have to pay for!

People ask me what I don't like about London.
Well.
In 1979 I was in a dole office in Yorkshire, trying to apply for some help.
I was sitting around for a long time, and a middle-aged bloke in a flat cap came over and said "What's the matter son?Won't they give you any money?"
Point was, total strangers in 'working class' Yorkshire gave a damn.

Spool forward to the BBC(London) flagship comedy programme, DeadRingers.
Tonight it was inspired, showing witty, sophisticated and biting parody of the BBC, 'reality' TV and various other personages;they even impersonated the queen in Wndsor and fooled some tourists into thinking she was really walking the Corgi in front of the castle.

I relaxed.
I thought this was a quality programme from the BBC(against the grain).
Then came another sketch.
The man dressed and acted like Alan Sugar(the businessman).
They invited real people for a job interview.
They read out their real CV's(resumes).
The actor said 'I see you worked at McDonalds' to which the candidate answered in the affirmative.
Then came the joke.We want someone who can drive.To the North Pole!And doesn't mind working with elves!
Oh, ha ha! Too bloody funny.
Close up of the candidates face.

He is crying.
These sadistic little freaks have totally gutted somebody who was trying to get a better job.

And the filthy little shits actually showed it on national television.

Now you know what passes for comedy here.
Immolation?Ho ho ho!
Embarrassment?Push it to the max!

Now.I've got to say it.
I'd like to make these bastards cry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know that I have read a satire as unfunny as its alleged prey.

Brava! (I suppose.)

Sky Captain said...

Not sure I'm with you JD;do you mean I was writing a satire?I thought I was being serious, though sarcastic.