Monday, July 11, 2005

Silly little fellow.

Back in 1999, I had a problem with somebody who was making silent telephone calls. I thought it might be somebody I'd had an argument with at work, and as I was at university, already having the worst possible time, and I was rather fragile, I had told Pinky about it.
I couldn't quite understand why he wanted to meet the person I suspected; but he couldn't help but notice the nervous effect.

Of course,these calls came back in March 2005. I supposed it was Pinky, up to some minor mischief.
I went straight to the authorities, who stopped it. I found it funny.
It is very amusing to imagine Pinky as some sort of cartoon villain, getting more and more frustrated as he has less and less effect.
Anyway, it was probably call centres somewhere doing a batch dial and not having enough operators to deal.
Except my telephone number is ex-directory.

Anyway, in due course Johnny Neuron replied. But he replied also to my letter of the 10th January, the one putting Pinky and Perky in the picture:


For the attention of Pinky– Director
For the attention of Perky – Director
For the attention of the directors of ******* Ltd.

10th January 2005

Dear Pinky,

I can wait for an appropriate approach no longer, and, I am sure, you would wish to be given every opportunity before the deadline you set out.

I am not prepared to permit the use of my name on your patents unless there is significant material gain offered in exchange.

At that time, and not before, I will be happy to lend my signature to the documents you have supplied.

However, if, as you stated in our telephone conversation last month, the lack of my signature is ‘no skin off your nose’, then I am sure no offer is necessary or will indeed be forthcoming.


Yours Sincerely,


Veruca Salt


Not a bad little business letter.
Most amusing in fact.

No comments: