Sunday, July 03, 2005

I was most amused!

So, in the fullness of time and on the advice of my mate Freddy Kruger(another victim),I went to a Central City Solicitor, Duke, for advice.
I wrote a letter.
I got a letter back, and a phone call.
The letter stated that the 'contract' was invalid as it was signed under duress.
The law on duress trumps contract law.
Also(phone call), when I mentioned that they had threatened to take my name off the Patents, Duke laughed.
"They would be very stupid if they did that, suicidally stupid. Under American law, you would become an 'undisclosed inventor', and would be able to issue licenses for the technology with complete indemnity against the Patent owner."
I sent him a bottle of Champagne and wrote the following letter.
Veruca Salt
5

For the attention of Pinky – Director
For the attention of Perky – Director
For the attention of the directors of ******* Ltd.

27th December 2004

Sirs,

Having received independent advice, I am now in a position to provide a response.

I have been advised that the document allegedly transferring my rights to my inventions is both redundant and ineffective.
It would be redundant for work carried out as part of my normal duties.
Otherwise it would be overturned due to the law on duress.
As I have already mentioned, I developed my solutions to the problem of non-battery powered implanted sensors four years ago, long before I worked for *******.

This is why I was able to answer Mr.Pinky's questions immediately, at the beginning of the project.

Thus, for the invention of the implantable sensor, my rights remain fully intact and can only be acquired by mutually acceptable bargain.

I am returning the ten pound cheque which you gave to me in attempted exchange for my rights to my inventions
.
This letter is for the record.

As for the inventions, I will now be specific:
1) The soluble frame for bio-prosthetic freesewn valves.
2) The Piezo-electric sensor implant for use in association with valves.
3) The software suite for use in valve QA, and
4) The Piezo-electric pump-storage power source
Only number one would be regarded as the property of ******* under normal legal definition.

This letter has been copied and witnessed.
Please accept this copy for your own records with my compliments.

Yours Sincerely,



Veruca Salt,
BSc(Eng), MSc(Eng) , MSc(Eng)



Pinky and Perky didn't like this one bit.
In fact, if the letter arrived on the 28th, and they attacked on New Year's Day, they must have been spying on me for a while and plotting how to spoil my holiday.
I 'witnessed' the letter on another website.
Rather obviously, hurting e means more to both of them than any fame and fortune.
As will become evident.

No comments: