Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Chronic behavioural flaws become boring

It wasn't long after this vicious skirmish that they stopped communicating directly.
For some peculiar reason unknown to me they asked their Patent Lawyer to start issuing requests(demands?) that I supply further signatures for an American Patent agreement.

Obviously,they weren't feeling nearly as generous as before.
This time all my American Rights were to be surrendered for the sum of 1(one) dollar US,or a grand total of $1.

Now this was not particularly appealing, as Pinky had estimated the market value of the device at £100 million. I think that may have been £100 million a year.
So, you see, $1 was not really an appealing quantity.

I can't help but think that in the muck that swirls around the study of Pinky Manor, there were two illusions.
First,that there was some sort of residual goodwill.
Second, that threats would intimidate me.
Most likely the two were interchangeable and mixable in their minds, one being the cause of the other.
It's been a while since I've heard all that 'way of the world' bullshit, and it arouses nothing but contempt in me.
True, in the time spent since my redundancy I have gained 'friends in low places'; the only real argument, and the only time to take notice, is when this 'way of the world' nonsense takes on the physical form of a threat.
Violence in other words.
Most practitioners hope that reputation is enough.
Some of them really practise violence.
Pinky and Perky show willing, but they don't really have the class it takes to be truly dangerous.
In any case, I won't sign.

Actually it is safer for me if I don't, since they can't afford to do anything drastic while they still need my signature.
If I pick up anything particularly close to home, I am quite capable of reciprocating.
But enough of that.
When I return, I will show you some more pictures of documents. And some nice examples of how not to write a business letter. But writing for enjoyment?

No comments: