Saturday, September 29, 2007

Simply The Best.

The Tom Brown pub in Dorchester High street.
Sorry, no pictures today, I was crying too much at the beauty of the pint of beer I had.
It was house-brewed 'Tom Brown Bitter', 4%, flat as a pancake and quite simply one of the best jars of beer I have ever tasted.
That was before the food; I ordered the Ploughman's Lunch.
I received a platter, with two generous baguettes, fresh, sweet and warm like a Dorset maiden's thighs, with fresh butter in a dish, fresh tomato and lettuce with Spring Onions and celery, and a tub of beer-chutney. Also half an apple, fancy cut.
Also coleslaw so new it stung.
The cheese was locally produced hard goat's cheese, which I had chosen from four local cheeses; last time I had the Dorset Coast Cheddar.
For half an hour I was too moved to speak.
I've never tasted anything like it.
So remember, if you are ever in Dorchester, go to The Tom Brown.
And if you are ever in Dorset, go to Dorchester!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very much Victor!

My mouth is now watering like a son of a bitch.

I will now be forced to join you in a jar of fine liquid beverage, just so I dont dribble at the thought of your Ploughmans.

Bugger my white ass.

The apple is a nice touvh!

Sky Captain said...

Keep on fighting the good fight Dude.
If you're ever in Dorchester on a Sunday park in the top-end car park and see all the vintage bikes out for a run, then walk down the high street to the pub.