Friday, August 03, 2007

A Boat Called Dignity.


Tomorrow is the last day I will be working in haulage.
I had hesitated to mention this due to the 'retiring cop syndrome'.
You know.
The bit where the 'old' cop shows his family photos to the young turk, and then maybe a picture of a boat or a hot rod, just before he gets one in the chest and expires in a pool of blood and regrets.

Well now. If I pile my Mercedes Vito van into a 43 Tonne truck and die tomorrow, you know why.
But if I don't, I'm going to be out of circulation for a while; first I have to find a place to live in Cider Country(South West England), then I have to get a phone line activated, then I have to get my broadband account transferred.
That's after I do 1500 miles of round trips with my gear in-yep- another white van.

So this could well be the last posting for a couple of weeks.

But when I'm back, it will be great.

As Sid Vicious said, "Please don't be waiting for me."
More appropriately, "see you on the other side!"

No comments: