Friday, January 27, 2006

Marxism and Inductive Coercion

The dialectic process has been described (yesterday) as a chronic social interaction that violates by mere persistence.

In other words, for a Marxist, the battle is never lost so long as we keep talking.
A quiet Marxist is someone who doesn't really understand where his own loyalty lies. He may wake up one day and clear his head of all that nonsense, rejoining the human race, at which stage, ironically, the tolerance true Marxists demand and crave will once again be an option.

What is 'Inductive Coercion' then?
Well, it is a sort of bastard offshoot of 'leading by example'; in their imaginations there is a sort of chain of consequence in discussion which has nothing to do with what is being said, but instead follows a dependence/codependence model, so that, for example, if the Marxist apologises(deliberately) they hope that their opponent will also apologise.

But here is the trick.
To meet in the middle, the Marxist only has to temporarily adjust the degree of principle to which he adheres, while his opponent must actually violate theirs.
Which leaves only a matter of time before ultimate Marxist victory.

Of course, and this is where they become 'fairly secret', if principles are adhered to all to strongly, the possibility of executive action will cross their minds.
Thus induction will be exposed as pure coercion if unsuccessful.

By the way, any cry that this is all theoretical and that we should concern ourselves with 'practical politics' is a call for direct revolutionary action.

5 comments:

MapMaster said...

To meet in the middle, the Marxist only has to temporarily adjust the degree of principle to which he adheres, while his opponent must actually violate theirs.

That is what I meant to say the other day, only you have said it much better. Well, Veruca, do you think I apologize too much?

Sky Captain said...

Speaking as a pimple on the bottom of somebody's foot,no.
But one of the most dangerous, and ultimately necessary things anyone can do is examine the fog of habit to see what drives through it.

It is the transition from 'a man with a fork in a world of soup' to being 'a man with a sabot in a world of meat-grinder cogs'.

MapMaster said...

examine the fog of habit to see what drives through it

That's why I read your blog and your comments. Hell, you're doing great work these days. As much as I'd like to be direct (and beautiful too), my scientific training has unfortunately taught me to compartmentalize every little rationale and methodology, and it comes through in my writing when I'm trying to explain things.

Now I have to find out what a sabot is, and I still haven't seen GM to ask him about the narf word.

Sky Captain said...

I am a trained scientist also;this was partly for reasons of sanity, and partly because I was conditioned to it.
Realise this-nothing is 'written' about the way you use your own mind.
I started reclaiming mine in 1985.
By 1990 I was out of reach.Anyway, the Empire struck back, and I was filled with Dark Forbodes;I must admit, when I say 'dangerous', the least of your worries is your own sanity,and it is a valid worry. I am actually on medication to prevent poetic horror from overwhelming me(the true price of living with all these things I go on about),but to get to the point, the danger is real.
Canada is the least afflicted and most open place I have ever been, but I suppose that the lash of evil can appear anywhere.
If you become the sort of person who sees through the pretenses that even the pretenders don't look at, then there is a real possibility that they will try and do you in.
Eg?Out at the coast at midnight yesterday, I was tripped(but I can't prove it because he was behind me and seemed to be a 'nice guy')while palletising my load.
You're doing well if you have a few good men to watch your back.
And that phrase speaks for itself.

Sky Captain said...

Sabot-an old French word for a workman's wooden clog.
When the French first industialised, sometimes disgruntled people would cast a Sabot into the machine.

Thus we now have the word 'Sabotage'.

More recently(today),Sabot describes the outside cladding of an armour-piercing tank round;it provides a gas-tight seal around the projectile in the barrel, and falls off once the round is in free flight.