Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cracked Up Crackers And The Event Horizon


We aren't supposed to notice.
Bad things are supposed to 'happen'.
Sometimes they just do.
Others they just don't.

Today I have a slightly bruised left hand, and a badly cut, bruised and swollen left ankle.

Last night I had an accident.
"I just can't understand how it happened."

And that is supposed to put me to bed. All tucked up and sleeping soundly again, not a care in the world.
And no more of these nasty little articles eh?

Today I have a slightly bruised left hand, and a badly cut, bruised and swollen left ankle.

They hurt. The cut is deep. It was caused by a pallet falling on my leg.
All my fault of course, since I pulled it off the pile and it fell on me.

But the man I tripped over was six feet away.

When I looked.

But I wasn't looking behind me when he was closer.
Slick.

It's not a serious physical threat.
It's a 'cracker'.

There is violence involved. The violence is supposed to be invisible, the injuries (avowedly) self-inflicted, the effect purely due to the subconscious detection of 'something not quite right', overruled by the conscious decision to call it an accident.

I'll keep my eye on Mister Wint.
Something tells me it won't be happening again.

1 comment:

Sky Captain said...

In this journey through theory that leads to the recognition of 'conspiracy'(proven by the Express), I have realised something else:Wint may very easily be a traditional 'nasty piece of work' with connection to nothing whatsoever.
I just put up a blinder 'in case'.