Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Long Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away......(They're Here!)

I was called over to Pinky's study for a word.
He'd tried to sound menacing(I can't believe he is capable of that tone of voice and hasn't had his face smashed in. I suppose he only uses it with helpless people such as employees).

Anyway, when I got there......
He poured me the usual, 'friendly' beer, then began his machinations.
By the number of repetitions in his speech, he was clearly searching for something, some fleeting feeling, a feeling of grievance, manufactured for sure, but enough to convince him he existed (for a short while).

Apparently he was upset.
For the past few months he had been slandering my work and telling me to look for another job.

So I did.
I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, so I enquired about a medical device company in Canada.
They were owned by a US company.
The head of the US company clearly had a problem with the fact that I hadn't revealed where I worked, so he tracked me down.

Pinky was very upset. Because I'd done as he said and applied for jobs.

Apparently he imagined I'd been presenting myself as an official of PinkyCo(I was, but I hadn't).

Three or four times he said he would 'give me a written warning'.
It was this repetition that warned me he is clinically insane.

So I humoured him.

He talked slanderously about how my (late) father had once 'tricked' him.He had been the Director of a research charity.
Dad had been the chairman, and had forced him to choose between his 'old' company and the charity.
He had been rapidly bankrupting them.
Funnily enough the 'old' company was in the same line of business as the charity.(Funnily enough, PinkyCo used the name of the charity as a disguise in some of its dealings.I believe that the charity didn't know about this.)

Do the maths.

Anyway, he went on about how he 'should have sacked me already because my work was no good' and so on.

Under this welter of viciousness, I determined to do one thing and one thing only:keep my oath.

In 1990 I had taken a personal oath of non-violence.
Pinky owed his continuing health to this.

One thing I noticed was the references he made to my personal motives, as though to imply that they were worthy of guilt, and this part was the hardest.
He claimed I was 'using him'(Inversion).
He claimed I 'would do anything to get to Canada, and that I hated England.'
(Well, boo-fuckin'-hoo baby.)
He asked me if I had considered resigning.
So that was what he was after.Ruin my dreams without having to pay statutory redundancy.

The next day I offered to resign and walked off the job.

He came grovelling for some reason a couple of days later.
By then, I knew he was evil.

1 comment:

Sky Captain said...

Let's face it, if all bosses were like Pinky, Revolution would be a welcome certainty.