Saturday, October 18, 2008

Riddle Me This.

I went away on holiday for a week.

Now that I'm back, I've turned on my main computer again, and started up my private website.

It has been switched off completely from last Saturday until yesterday.

Yet, when I looked at the stats for the site, it was shown as having received a couple of visits on Thursday.

This is rather strange, as the tracking is included in the site and only runs at the same time as it does. So unless there is something I don't know, somebody must have switched my computer on while I was away. I assume that the server runs even even when no user is logged in, unless somebody very sophisticated hacked me.

Meanwhile both music playing programmes have been suffering unexplained database corruptions, and all Skype does is crash and hang, taking Ekiga with it, which is new.

On the plus side, I've installed the new Opera, and it works perfectly.

No comments: