Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It's In The Receiving Too.


I received a delightful gift from my old Bomber Pilot uncle today.
Anybody who knows Marks & Spencer will also know that they never sell brandnames, only their own generics.
But this selection of quarter bottles of Scotch, although M&S, uses names indicative of the actual heritage of the Whisky.
Tonight I shall be trialling the 'Island', a Single Malt from the actual Isle Of Mull.
I know very little about Scotch(I'm an Ale man), but the label says a lot about smoky, chocolatey, peaty creaminess, which sounds excellent.
My second bottle willl be previewed when I report on the Island tomorrow.

Good for what ails you.

2 comments:

niconoclast said...

Good to have one member of family as hero. Ditto my uncle -who was a journalist but that was heroic compared to the rest who were all bank clerks!

Sky Captain said...

Apparently my paternal Grandmother was also a journalist, one who in the First World War was shadowed by U-Boats and when buried lay under a Union Flag with a military guard.