Thursday, December 28, 2006

Equal First.

I've just finished my little bottle of 'Inverey' single malt whisky.
It is from the Perthshire Highlands; I guess you could look it up on a map. Due to geological conditions the peats on the East and West of Scotland produce different coloured Whiskies.
One side is darker than the other, I don't remember which, but these bottles all look pale.

Anyway, the Inverey is equal first with the Mull Island, and yes, it is different, and yes, for the first time in my life I could tell the difference!
Inverey( a made-up Marks&Spencer name-but Perthshire is real)is sweet and malty rather than smokey and sweet/salt.
Delicious.

All I have left for tomorrow is the blended whisky.

That might yet prove interesting, but for sure, as a committed non-whisky drinker all my life, I'd definitely go for #1 or #3.

2 comments:

niconoclast said...

Afficionado huh? One glass of wine and I fall to sleep. Ditto lager. Sherry doesn't have that effect nor port. Whiskey I didn't like taste wise. Stick to coffee (my equivalent of an orgy...)

Is that Mull of Kintyre - Macca land?

Sky Captain said...

No, that's the Isle Of Mull.