Sunday, January 20, 2008

Set The Record Straight.

All my 'hatred' of London; looking at the Sweeney today, I saw every single thing I liked about London when I liked London.
London is full of filth.
It's also (or used to be) full of geysers who were working men, honest tryers, the unstoppable, the guys who found a hole they could live in(such as a Commissionaires position or a quiet technical guy somewhere) and stick at it, offering sympathy and friendliness to the passing outsiders such as me.
I could have called it a draw.
I could have shared the foxhole.
Londoners, bless em.
The real Londoners. I could have been one. I could have been a toff with my education. I could have joined the big old world and made a difference.
I'm doing it now.
But back in the day, I led where nobody wanted to go.
And got spat out.
Yeah.
I'd love to love London.
Back in the 80s it was still a great city.

No comments: