Thursday, January 25, 2007

Freedom And Slavery.


Today I had to get the official test for my car done.
It failed.
Due to an engine misfire(it runs beautifully and starts first time every time) it failed the 'emissions' test.
This test has nothing to do with actual safety or roadworthiness.
It is a government invention which is supposed to declare 'polluting' cars illegal.
As the car isn't worth the cost of repair, I have to find a new one quickly.

It still has another two weeks to live, and it is running as well as ever.

Meanwhile, on the way back from the test station, I took this picture of mechanical confections from the Land of the Free.
The bikes in the foreground are all various Harley Davidsons(now worth more as a brand than GM) but, as you can see from the large signs, Eddy's Motorcycles also stocks Buell, a new American icon, a brand of V-twin sport bikes.
They look the business.
Too bad you can't see any through the gleaming alloy and chrome, eh?
Eddy also has a Triumph shop 100 yards down the road.
I nearly bought a Kwakker there in the eighties. It was a good deal but I was too tight.

No comments: