Monday, October 09, 2006

Out And Down In Cardiff And Bristol.


I've been to another job interview.
I thought my cousin had given me an Advil(Paracetomol) when I awoke in his Cardiff mansion this morning after a grand night of beery sleep.
By the time I got to Bristol(after buying some ridiculously cheap and smart shoes, an emergency pair, from Tesco)the goldfish-bowl effects of driving in heavy traffic, heavy rain and thick spray with clouds down to 100 feet, left me feeling physically dizzy.

I drove up the hill(or so it seemed) to Bristol, feeling as though it was getting ever steeper.

I got there in good time, studied the literature and tried to put up a good effort.
At least they gave me coffee.

God only knows what the pill really was.
Could it have been the 'Mystery Pill' from The Briefs' song?

Anyway, when I got to the forest of Dean on the way back, I parked up, ate some food, drank some spring water, and caught some shut-eye.

Back in Yorkshire by five.

Back with the giant rat upstairs, who immediately set to work to prevent me from sleeping.
Not that I was.

Incidentally-the picture is of a new arts building in one of Cardiff's disused docks.
Apparently all the steel is recycled from the Splott steelworks, and all the slate is recycled from various neighbourhoods that were previously redeveloped.
These things seem to be a risk of being a 'Capital City'.
Some people like the new areas.
Some more people only like them ironically.
As is the style in the UK.
Pathetic.

No comments: