Monday, July 03, 2006

Whatever Happened......

to Belfast!


Strategic firewood and barricade store at the Loyalist end of the Falls Road. There was little 'Englitz' -style backbiting; the people are too glad not to be getting blown up and shot at. But there are loads of huge, tough-looking men. I felt very junior. And nobody bothered me.Except my agent, who suggested that I should go down the Catholic end of Falls Road where my 'conservative politics' would see me safe.
Sense of humour.


Town hall.

Harland & Wolf shipyard gantry-where Titanic was built.

Inside Belfast City Airport, built on the Shorts factory airfield; Bombardier Aviation still occupies the factory.
The Shankhill? Drivethru?Didn't that used to be 'drive by'?



The mind boggles; Nationalist Murals near the Falls Road.





All of the Crown Liquor Shop. The lights are gas. And they use them. The beer is fine, and yes, Guiness does taste better in Ireland. It's a very passable Stout.

This-Leeds Airport-is only 45 minutes away from
this-the Hotel Europa, which they tried to blow up several times.



The Leeds-Bradford breakfast was a fiver; the aircraft was Canadian, a Dash-8, from what used to be De-Havilland Canada.The one behind bars looks like some sort of late model Jetstream.

Let's hope I get the job,eh?

No comments: