Saturday, July 22, 2006

Round Up The Usual Suspects..

Speaking as someone who wanted to leave for so long it is almost as if I'd been vitrified-seriously, my nature is truly incompatible-I forget who I am and who the scum are from time to time.

One such time was today.
Finishing a triple-shift, I parked up my stinking truck, got into my old banger and drove out to 'the pub'.
In through the side door as the rain begins to fall, get the usual bullshit from some crappy old git in the corner, for which I don't have time, and order a beer.

Behind me some big bloke walks in with a vision of blondness, like Jessica Simpson(above) in a short skirt with a halter top and legs forever.
So any way, I sod off to my corner and sup my beer, surreptitiously surveying the blonde beauty from the corner of my eye.
Anyway, I am smiling at myself and drinking my beer, when I notice her doing the same to me.
Our eyes meet, she gives that little flutter that says she'd rather be having fun with me than her hosts(there are now five of them) and we let the moment pass.

Next beer, I am close by, and I hear her speaking.

Surprise? Well, I get this 'Young Frankenstein' effect, you know, the bit where he says"hello handsome" and I, the monster, wonder who he's speaking to.
Well I used to anyway.
But when I hear her talking to her friends, yep!
You guessed it!
American.

Which brings me back to Earth with a bump.

This particular Homer Simpson needs to leave sector 7GB and move to a better life.
Wherever and however.

No comments: