Thursday, June 30, 2005

Comments Weren't Invited.Nevertheless...

A couple of weeks before this letter was sprung on the staff, the front page of the Financial Times was on Perky's desk in the front office.
I read an article which attempted to comfort incompetents all over the UK by suggesting that any invention produced by an employee automatically belonged to the company under British 'Law'.
It was for this reason that I signed.
I thought I might as well keep my job since defiance would not set me free from this enormous evil to any extent.
So I did. I signed.(How often does this happen in Britain?)

The rest of the employees signed.
But while they 'lost' all the production techniques, I also 'lost' another invention, a soluble stent(frame structure) for biological valves.
It would simplify implant,then dissolve to leave a superbly efficient implant. The best of both worlds.
Pinky tried to keep this one for himself.

A couple of weeks later, the other employees left to work with another company, still owed thousands of pounds but unable to support this intolerable situation any more.
I find much of life in this country to be beyond reasonable tolerance, so it was no biggy for me to stay.
Besides, a salary payment was made and things were(as always) 'looking up'.

No sign of Jock, for some reason.
All was 'explained' later on, however.

No comments: