Sunday, October 02, 2005

Shameless Promotion






Hold it...hold it.. yeah, beautiful baby....just hold that pose...yeah, real tiger...just one more...and I'm done.

Quite cold today. Winter approaching. The pub wasn't open when I got there, but I was #2 in the queue, so I started talking to #1.
He was an ex-Redcap(Royal Military Police), 9 year veteran, Egypt, Cyprus, and before he volunteered for that little lot he used to be in the Guards.
Anyway, his mate came along, the pub opened up(because we were there), and I went into the snug and took a few photos of my beer(to remember it by).
Thing is, as you can tell from the pumps, this is a Samuel Smith pub, in Yorkshire, and the beer comes from Oak barrels, and doesn't get re-circulated. So, it's a fresh, malty 4% bitter.
The best part is, a whole pint costs £1.36 ($2.10,$2.95CN), so I didn't even need to break a note for my session.
Cheers everybody. Hope the photos don't make you too thirsty.

No comments: