Sunday, August 21, 2005

Put it behind you........

Many times, people hear my story and say,
"Oh, Veruca, why don't you just forget about it? Put it behind you."

Yes.
I could point out that these same people have not invented multi-million dollar technology for which they have nothing to show but threats and gratuitous insults.

More to the point, when I have the opportunity to re-enter the regular working world at an appropriate level, I get so choked up with fury that I have to act.
So I conclude that to 'put it behind me' would be to put my life behind me.

The fact is I should be a rich man, retired even, living the international life in Monaco, New York and all points West.

I'm not the only one.
Having recited the circumstances of my search for appropriate employment to a Yorkshire consultant, the response was "My God, you must want to shoot him!".
The Canadian angle? The recruiter just said "Jesus!"
So I get the impression I am just a very stable, patient man.
But a man, nevertheless.

Put it behind me?You mean like this?

3 comments:

MapMaster said...

I could point out that these same people have not invented multi-million dollar technology for which they have nothing to show but threats and gratuitous insults.

Touche. The way people dismiss justice these days is a common vulgarity.

Sky Captain said...

Possibly it is the "I'm all right,Jack" mentality.(They made a film in the early 60's of the same name,about how everybody in a business fights for everything except the business-Peter Sellars,Ian Carmichael etc,so successful the title is a catch-phrase)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes just the frustration of dealing with a "recruitment consultant" can be enough to drive anyone crazy.

It all a matter of perseverance, I am struggling with setting up a fledgling consulting business and have been looked at full time employment with very disappointing results.

I fear that many people do not get into the right position purely because of a very simplistic linear view of the way the world works.